Looking for a fun beverage for the holidays? Check out my Peppermint Hot Chocolate for Adults. It’s festive and fired up with Peppermint Schnapps. Last December I hosted a Hot Chocolate Party with friends and served this along with Amaretto Hot Chocolate and Mexican Hot Chocolate with Kahlua. This Peppermint Hot Chocolate was a runaway favorite with most of my guests. This recipe first appeared in LIGHT PARADE, a short holiday mystery in my Det. Lottie King Mystery Series. Get your FREE copy of LIGHT PARADE, A DETECTIVE LOTTIE KING HOLIDAY MYSTERY and more hot chocolate recipes: Amazon, B&N, iBooks, Kobo
Peppermint Hot Chocolate for Adults
Yield: Serves 2; Prep time: 10 minutes
Best-Ever Hot Chocolate Recipe
2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
Whipped cream (optional)
Peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
1. Make one basic Holiday Hot Chocolate recipe.
2. Add peppermint schnapps.
3. Pour into mug and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
* Best-Ever Hot Chocolate Recipe
1/2 cup water
2 T Dutch Cocoa
2 cups whole milk
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 T organic raw sugar
2 T heavy cream
Pinch of salt
Dash of vanilla extract
1. Heat water to simmer. Stir in cocoa and whisk until lumps are gone.
2. Add milk and heat to just starting to simmer. (Don’t boil!)
3. Take off heat and add chocolate. Let sit for one minute as chocolate melts.
4. Put back on heat. Add sugar, cream, salt, and vanilla. Stir for 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Pour into mugs and ENJOY!